|Created 1998-2015, Roderick Hames Crews Middle School|
EQ: How do I create a dynamic interactive newspaper that communicates current events at Crews?
|Background: Crews Middle School does not have a newspaper. You take the initiative to start one. Open Microsoft Publisher, change the margin to .5 and select the paper type as legal size paper. Begin with a good Newspaper name and follow the instructions below.|
Student Wins an I-Pad3
By: Sendy Green
1st sentence - topic grab your attention
2-4 - supporting details(answer these questions: Who, what, when where, why)
5 - summarize
6. One graphic for each article.
8. Spell Check Be sure to check your document for cropped text. It is easy when changes have been made and the text box does not grow with the text automatically.
Comic Strip Task One: Using one to the online sites below make a two panel cartoon strip of a technology topic. Your audience is looking for information from the comic strip:
- Make Belief Comics - This is my favorite.
- Stripcreator - lots of options on this one.
- Patent Place - Nice feel and style.
- Read Write Think - Nice drawing style in this one.
- Strip Generator - Very interesting style used in this one.
- Story Creator 2 - For the longer story.
- Toondoo - Flash based and if you sign up you can embed the strips into your blog. (This one is for older students - make sure you read the 'terms of service' and check with your parents before signing up).
last updated: 07/17/2016