Internet Article Questions
Directions: Answer each of the following questions
in your own words using the article "The Internet: What's the fuss?" on
What has made the Internet so popular?
What does ISP stand for and give one example?
What does HTML, URL, and HTTP mean?
The speed of the Internet is measured in (bps). What
does bps mean?
Why has publishing on the Internet attracted so many
E-mail is a big part of the Internet. What does e-mail
look like and name one advantage to using e-mail?
How many years ago was it before the Internet got
What was the main reason it started?
A browser is what?
What are some of the reasons (name 2) for people
not connecting to the Internet?
11. Give an example of a real URL.
12. When text are in a different color on a web
site, that is referred to as what?
13. What is a browser and what is the most popular
14. Name a different browser than the one
in question 13.
15. How are computer messages sent across the